Limelight’s Top Tips: Exhibition Preparation
In preparation for Marketing Week Live, we thought we would share with you our top tips on preparing for an exhibition.
At Limelight Publicity we know the importance of good organisation and planning when it comes to exhibitions and trade shows. It’s important to start planning well in advance, so that when the week leading up to your event comes, there is no blind panic or “where’s this?” and “where’s that?”. So help you try to combat this we have put together a few top tips. We hope these tips will make the process a little easier and less stressful.
Our Top Tips for Exhibition Preparation:
- Get started early: Your exhibition may be months off. However, it is super important to get started well in advance to avoid any mishaps. We recommend laying out a detailed plan of everything that needs doing and when it should be done by. If you have all prep tasks spread out over the weeks leading up to your event, it will feel less stressful in the penultimate week.
- Stand design: Probably one of the earliest tasks to be dealt with. If you are using a company to design and build your stand make sure everything is in order in advance. Make sure the design and build company have all your stand requirements and all the exhibition details. If you are taking care of your stand yourself, make sure you have ordered everything you need well in advance.
Here are a few things to remember to source:
– Roller banners
– Table cloth
– Flyers/Marketing Paraphilia
– Business cards
– A method of recording leads (be it an iPad or a clipboard and paper form)
– Promotional giveaways to promote your brand
– Name badges and lanyards
- Recording leads: The main reason we attend exhibition is of course, to obtain more leads. Therefore, it is vital that you have a solid method of recording lead details. Whether you decided to go for the old tried and tested method of a paper form and clipboard, or an iPad with lead recording software. It is a must to make sure your lead recording method is decided and organised in advance.
- Schedule: Organise your team and decide who is attending the event. Produce a timetable of which members are attending and the time slots they will be working. At Limelight we like to split our timetable into morning and afternoon sessions. This means no one is on the stand all day. It is very tiring attending exhibitions so we feel a new afternoon team brings the energy back.
- Freebies & Giveaways: It is important the visitors to your stand leave with something to remember you by. Exhibitions are the perfect place to expand your brand awareness. Make sure you have relevant and enticing giveaways. You want attendees to be talking about your stand to increase footfall. With effective promotional freebies, this becomes a lot easier! Check out our full range of promotional exhibition products for some inspiration.
Using these Exhibition Preparation tips as a rough guide, you should be off to a good start getting prepared for your upcoming event. To find out more about how Limelight can help your brand shine, get in touch with one of our friendly team today.